Friday, May 23, 2014

Thing #18: Education (Bill Nye the Science Guy)

I LOVED Bill Nye as a young person. I'm sad that it's not on TV anymore (though I know there are DVDs around) so I was excited when I saw this app. Unfortunately, I wasn't super impressed. Maybe it takes an 8 year old mentality to enjoy it.... I guess I was looking at this app through the lens of "would my three year old nephew enjoy it and be able to do it independently." Heck, some of the things I wasn't able to do independently! :)  I think my nephew would enjoy it - particularly the game with the planets. The mechanics of the game just weren't quite age appropriate for a 3 year old. So, while I can see the value of this app, I think its one I'll be deleting from my iPad.

1 comment:

  1. Well, it's also ridiculously huge for an app so I can understand that. And that planet game was ridiculously hard! It took me half a dozen attempts to get back to Earth. I'm also not sure on the re-playability of the app in general.

    ReplyDelete